Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 Price in India
Subscribe to get alerts when price drops
Pros & Cons
- Super AMOLED screen is the best in class
- Water resistance gives the device an upper hand
- Tonnes of processing power with Snapdragon 801
- Amazing image quality with accurate colours and details
- Very thoughtful of Samsung to provide a heart-rate sensor
- Performance is handicapped by unnecessary features and bloatware
- Touch based fingerprint scanner is sorely missed
- Shaky videos due to the absence of OIS
Questions and Answers
Samsung Galaxy S5 Video Review
Samsung Galaxy S5 Price in India starts from Rs. 51,500
Samsung Galaxy S5 Details
Ratings & Reviews by MySmartPrice Users
Pros: - Excellent display with full HD resolution and vivid colours. - The 16 MP camera captures beautiful images and 4k videos. - Though the 2GB RAM seems low when compared to the phones nowadays, but it is adequate with the huge amount of optimization in Android from Kitkat onwards. - Features like fingerprint sensor and heart rate sensor. - An ultra power saving mode is a welcome addition. Cons: - This phone completely fails in the looks department. The back is made of plastic and feels very cheap when it's held in the hand. - Though the camera is very good, low light imaging is not great as compared to its competitors. - The fingerprint sensor and the heart rate sensor are inaccurate quite a few times and they end up being just some irritating gimmicks. - The front facing camera is not good. - The settings app has undergone an interface overhaul, but it now looks rather kiddish and finding a setting is difficult. - My magazine is another failed attempt by Samsung. - The interface is though better than the previous flagship but it still Lags sometimes even after such a powerful hardware under the hood. Conclusion: It's an entirely average kind of a product given that there are so many pros as well as cons. The best part of this phone is its screen and the camera, but it fails in its looks, convenience and usability.
I have used this phone for over a month now and though it's not a hit in terms of sales, it's a super hit for me. PROS: It delivers all, what it says. The 16 megapixel camera with selective focus gives a DSLR feel. The S Health feature has been reviewed and really does perform well in tracking exercise, walking, biking, etc., with the major add on of the heart rate monitor. The 5.1 inch screen is little big but with the feature of sliding solves that problem too. The fibre feel of the back cover feels way better than the Apple iPhone 5s. Even tried the waterproof feature and it works perfectly fine upto the depth of 1 meter (even though the back speaker did go off for sometime, it was fine once it's dried). CONS: Same as the Samsung Galaxy S4, this phone also has the same problem of the chrome finishing which gets scratches with time and it has been a permanent problem with the Galaxy series. Camera quality is not that great for low light shots. Size is bulky. Charger's socket needs to be opened every time while charging the phone, which is not a major problem but it's little irritating at times. CONCLUSION: Overall, I love my Samsung S5. Definitely worth buying, since the price has been slashed down quite a bit. Thank you.
Pros: Fast, has all the features from good Android interface to best camera. Cons: Missing a feature or two that s/b on high end item Summary: Has replaceable battery and microSD card slot (128GB capacity). Neither Apple has, HTC now has microSD slot. Response in loading and operating apps is outstanding. The features in this phone and other high end phones is missing is what was on our old Blackberry phones - the ability to charge the phone at full speed w.o. having to insert anything into the micro usb slot. All we had to do with the BB was set upright on a dock. It would be charged via sensors on the sides of the phones. There is a form of "wireless" (slow) charging available - but Samsung charges extra for the special back you need. The response time to make dial a call from your BT headset seems slower than it was on my old BB. Dictating texts seems fairly accurate - but the technology still has a lot of room to improve. I have a hand tremor, so being able to dictate text and short email is great for me. I have trouble using a virtual keyboard, which is why I kept the physical BB for so long. Comment: Don't know why reviewers harp on the fact Samsung uses a plastic rather than metal housing. Everyone puts their phone in a case - so they never feel the phone itself..
1. Good camera, 16 MP. 2. Good clarity Full HD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels. 3. 2 GB excellent RAM. 4. Upgradeable to Lollipop. 5. Supports Gear Fit and Gear 2. 6. 16 GB memory. 7. The phone completely fails in the looks department. The back is made of plastic and is of bad quality. 8. Front facing camera is not good.
My sister bought this phone few months ago…
After a careful review, found this phone a great mix of features and the class, Big HD screen, Combo of OS and Memory provides speed to the applications (though 2 GB RAM looks little less), Good camera quality, Battery performance, Waterproof feature… WOW
The only -ve aspect is “Front camera quality is not that great”.
Overall – Its one of the best phones and a worth buying.
You may be interested in
Mobile Phones in Price Range Similar to Price of Samsung Galaxy S5
- All prices in the above table are in Indian Rupees.
- Cashback will not be credited for purchases made on Amazon.
- The latest price of Samsung Galaxy S5 was obtained on 26th September 2018 09:46:35.
- The Samsung Galaxy S5 is available in .
- The price is valid in all major cities of India, including Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi and Pune. Please check instructions at the specific stores for any deviation.
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S5 online in India for the lowest price. You can also avail the options of Cash on Delivery (COD) and EMI on purchase of this product.